I know it's been a while, but I'm trying to make a comeback: Here are my ten for today!
1. When I got up at 4:30 this morning, the plan was to finish the prep work to write out my upcoming sermon. I finished up this other blog instead and then prayed I could finish building the curriculum for my prayer class that kicks off tomorrow night. By 6 a.m. the ideas of how to build the 9-week class just started flowing and within 1 1/2 hours I had lesson plans to present to the pastor for our 10 a.m. meeting, complete with movie clips and songs to use as examples.
2. I'm determined to finish this sermon . . . well I gotta finish it . . . draft due tomorrow!
3. I hear Bruce Almighty might offer up some great lessons on praying -- at least that's what my pastor here at Harvest says. So, I'll check it out. I really love how the church never misses an opportunity to incorporate some different form of media into the service to deliver effective timely messages. I'm working on an activity calling for congregational participation during my June 14th sermon so we'll see how that goes.
4. Speaking of media, I just got turned on to spoken word artist Amena Brown's "You". Check her out on this YouTube clip. I'm going to use this during one of the sessions in my prayer series. What you think?
5. I was on a roll with these free workout sessions. Now maybe I've worn out my welcome . . . the phone has stopped ringing from the gym managers vying for my business. Is it just me or is $216 for the next two months a bit pricey? Sad thing is I need to do something . . . school got in the way of me working out.
6. I found my $1.50/$2 movie theater. . . reminds me of Tallahassee.
7. It's free ice-cream day on Friday at all Friendly restaurants! I'll stop there first before heading to the Aquarium. A church member gave me a free ticket and $20 bucks to have lunch at this cozy restaurant across the street. They really know how to treat a intern here!
8. I'm moving into my own summer home next week. Pool included. Like I said, they really know how to take care of an intern here.
9. Tomorrow is D-day -- hopefully my email will say I got the fellowship.
10. Now, if I only knew how to start this sermon. Excuse me, I gotta go hang out in the bathroom. God always talks to me there.